For the Corporate Audit department in our company State Street Bank International GmbH in Munich or Frankfurt (Solmsstrasse) we are looking for a Senior Audit Manager Capital Markets (m/f/d) with immediate effect – Job ID R-615370.
State Street’s Corporate Audit department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
This role is part of the Global Treasury, Capital and Enterprise Risk Management Audit team. The team is responsible for providing assurance and advisory services to the firm’s Global Treasury function including capital management and the effectiveness of the Enterprise Risk Management group.
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing audit engagements that focus on coverage of these functions across EMEA and to provide input and oversight over activities impacting EMEA but that are conducted at a Corporate level. The role will cover all relevant in-scope activities in EMEA primarily focusing on the capital management, liquidity management and risk management processes in Germany, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Maintain deep subject matter knowledge related to EMEA Capital and Risk Management requirements primarily focusing on the German, UK and Irish regulations; working knowledge of ECB and BaFIN requirements is essential for example the Minimum Requirements for Risk Management (MaRisk)
- In conjunction with regional and functional leads develop and execute against an audit plan covering assigned areas
- Recommend adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress, and changes in business area risk profiles
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assurance and advisory services, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the audit team
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management
- Develop and manage influential relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes; help drive maturity of application testing skillset across the division
- Lead internal investigations and due diligence assessments, follow-up on regulatory findings, and other divisional activities, as needed
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/understanding of control concepts
- Continually challenge the department’s organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/industry standards
- Support Corporate Audit change initiatives and department strategy
Education, Experience and Skills
- Successfully completed Bachelor and/or Master degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or similar
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Approximately 10 or more years of experience covering ICAAP processes and liquidity, credit, market and/or operational risk
- Deep knowledge of EMEA regulations covering financial risks, specifically BaFIN requirements such as MaRisk
- Proven record of leadership experience, including building strong working relationships with key partners, peers, staff and executives at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German
- Ability to multi-task critical responsibilities and deadlines
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% annually mostly in Europe
Job Opening ID