For the Fund Accounting department in our company State Street Bank International GmbH in Zurich we are looking for a First Line Manager (m/f) – Job ID R-590292.
As First Line Manager you are responsible for managing the timely and accurate delivery of accounting and reporting to our internal and external clients, by performing a daily monitoring and review of controls and procedures. In addition to identifying potential errors and mitigate risk, the position requires to develop and maintain an understanding of the client business market requirements. Moreover, we expect you to meet or exceed service levels by satisfying client, legal and regulatory requirements (SFA, ACGM).
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Manage day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for a number of client relationships
- Supervise, escalate and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds to ensure correct accounting has taken place. Asset classes include equities, fixed income, ETF components and derivatives etc.
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations
- Manage planning, preparation and execution of all monthly, audit and ad hoc deliveries
- Contribute to working groups within the organization to improve our process
- Support the onboarding of existing client’s new products and the launch of new funds and clients
- Get involved in Talent Management – hiring, supervision and delivery of performance reviews
Education, Experience and Skills
- Commercial apprenticeship or familiar education within financial industry
- Solid work experience of fund accounting is a requirement for this role
- ETF and supervisory experience is an added bonus
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting conventions and techniques
- Proficient use of MS Office Applications
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of German is a bonus
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail and understand client requirements as well as the legal environment
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Team player strengths
- Precise and thorough working style
Job Opening ID