The role of the Transfer Agent is to provide support services to the investors in the fund. Their role comprises of the following core activities:
- Share dealing/Registration: receiving and accurately recording instructions for investor transactions. These deals include subscriptions redemptions exchanges transfers and distributions.
- Payment: making and receiving payments to and from investors.
- Liaising with investors: dealing with any queries directly from investors. In addition the transfer agent may have to respond to queries from brokers or other agents who invest money on behalf of individual investors.
- Issuing correspondence to investors: correspondence will include Contract Notes/Confirmation of trades Valuation Statements and Dividend Distributions.
- Maintenance of AML documentation: the Transfer Agent has primary responsibility for ensuring that AML documentation is obtained and adequately maintained. Redemption payments must not be processed until all relevant documentation has been received and verified
- Experience within a financial services or banking environment is strongly preferred
- An analytical and logical working methodology
- Able to seek assistance and escalate and identify errors when necessary
- Driven and dynamic work ethic and a strong team player attitude
- Experience of working within a high pressure environment with experience of meeting multiple deadlines
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks
Job Opening ID