Act as Senior Team Lead point of contact for TA application support queries or problems. The areas covered by this role include incident/request/ task management, problem management, vendor management, service transition and delivering service improvement initiatives.
The successful applicant will be required to work within a team structure, reporting to the Production Support Team Manager, in delivering a high valued service and in driving service improvements that will benefit the entire user base.
Support is provided to Operational users across multiple sites namely – Ireland, Luxembourg, Boston, UK, Jersey, Singapore, Toronto, Japan, Hong Kong, India at present.
They should have highly developed business writing and analytical skills, with a track record in investigating complex issues and providing concise reports or verbal updates to internal stakeholders
They will be integral to ensuring that the processes, controls and staffing in place are sufficient to address issues and experienced in identifying risks and designing controls.
They should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, eager to support colleagues and to contribute to the success of your team, department and wider organisation.
- Act as point of contact for incidents/requests relating to TA applications and surround products.
- Ability to assess customer needs effectively and ensure these are responded too accurately, professionally and in a timely manner in line with process
- Act as link between TA and relevant technical support teams for all TA applications e.g. TA Reporter, DVD, AWD, iFAST, etc
- Escalate issues where required to Management and ensure appropriate resolution is achieved in timely manner
- Participate in calls with vendors to advance ticket resolution in timely manner
- Ensure any standard support tasks assigned is accurately completed in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate support documentation exists for all applications supported
- Review and maintain procedures for all Prod Support processes
- Participate in an out of hours oncall support rota in providing support to global operational locations in regards to major system incidents
- Provide an excellent level of high valued customer service and proactive engagement including progressing calls with Operations to close out any urgent items
- Review and identify any reoccurring issues and ensure there is short and long term solutions in place to address
- Manage high severity incidents via the Events Committee process and work with vendors to resolve issues in timely manner
- Own and actively work with projects, IT, new business and test teams on the handover of all new TA applications, functionality and new clients, with a particular focus on receiving adequate application support documentation
- Assist with coordinating any IT maintenance / change event that may need to be supported
- Drive service excellence by engaging with Operations to devise and progress service improvement plans
- Raise incidents and requests with vendors (where required) via the appropriate ticket logging tool and with the required level of detail and at the correct priority level
- Participate in scheduled weekly (and occasional ad-hoc) calls with vendors regarding service levels and performance.
- Contribute to the monthly MIS pack and daily/weekly MI reporting and create client/Operational service decks/reporting where required
- Demonstrate risk excellence in executing support related activities
Leadership & Resource Management
- Foster an environment where team members are developed, trained and mentored to bring them to a high level of expertise and service skills, making use of the Training resources provided.
- Identify efficiencies and improvements in processes and controls, and work with Senior Management and peers across the organization to implement enhancements.
- Make sound support decisions including, but not limited to, work priorities and resourcing requirements, risks and controls.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual support and resourcing problems
- Support team participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects and lead local team initiatives as required.
- Act as a point of escalation for team members or colleagues and assist with queries; manage these to resolution, with the support of team management if required.
- Assist more senior colleagues and peers when required to do so and deputise in their absence.
- Promote a positive working environment and be a positive influence on the team.
- Work closely with your team members and manager
- Ensure all communication with vendors and the business is accurate, clear and concise and delivered in a highly professional manner, whether written or verbal.
- Prepare reports for Senior Management on incidents, proposals or other areas as required.
- Work with your direct reports to develop their report writing skills and to ensure that all written communication from the team is of the highest standard.
- Review, recommend and deliver any service improvements related to systems or processes that will benefit Operations and clients
- Take on other service initiatives that will benefit the wider function / organization in meeting key corporate goals / strategy
- Initial Analysis of Change Requests that are raised by the team
- Working with business sponsors to understand project objectives, scope and acceptance criteria
- Interpretation of business needs and translation into application and support requirements.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Create User Manuals, Training Material and Application Support Documents as required.
- Oversee the implementation of new systems and processes
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies Required
- Advanced Problem Solving
- Good Communicator (oral / written)
- Computer literacy
- Product and service knowledge
- Procedural knowledge
- Attention to Detail
- Organisational skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Team player and motivator
- Flexibility within a multi-task environment
- Displays initiative and willingness to progress within their role
- Commitment and reliability
- Concern for quality and accuracy
- Proactive and an innovator
Additional Skills Required
- Detailed working knowledge of IFAST, or other TA Systems , MS Excel and Word would be an advantage
- Detailed understanding of procedural, technical and product requirements within financial industry and aptitude to improve on this knowledge
- Technology knowledge/skills (re ITIL certification would be desirable)
- Typically candidate will have 3-5 years managerial experience within a similar environment
Job Opening ID