Mambu is the SaaS banking engine powering innovative loan and deposit products, the lean alternative to cumbersome core banking systems. Helping clients to successfully start up business ventures, transform existing operations, launch new products and expand into new markets. Mambu provides financial institutions of all sizes with the agility to rapidly design, launch, service and scale their banking and lending portfolio.
We believe that a great company is built on great people. We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help make financial services ready for the 21st century. Our clients understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner in their endeavours.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic system owner to join our team to build the latest features to be used by organizations around the world. As a Mambu system owner, you’ll own the technical aspects of a product line and you’ll be main responsible for the used technical stack and code. We have an exciting roadmap of new features and technical challenges ahead and need someone with the skills and experience to keep up with our fast-paced environment.
Provide technical leadership in the product line by:
- Applying agile architecture principles in all development phases
- Constantly improving the system technical capabilities and technology stack
- Structuring development phases for implementing new initiatives
- Driving innovation with each newly implemented functionality
- Finding and implementing solutions for technical challenges, with the team
- Representing the team in System Owners Group and align the team to agreed standards and practices
Co-own the product backlog by:
- Owning the roadmap, together with the Product Owner
- Conducting technical assessments
- Collaborating with PO & CTO for validating roadmap, technical & business solutions and gaps
- Finding general solutions to address common defects in the system
Ensure codebase high quality by:
- Hands-on coding for most of the time and providing an example of code quality
- Creating channels for the team to express and finding solutions for technical impediments and coding standards improvements
- Ensuring code base is constantly at its highest possible standards
Ensure the system is according to agreed non-functional requirements by:
- Monitoring performance, availability and security of the system
- Acknowledging, investigating and proposing solutions for addressing impediments
Coach the technical team by:
- Mentoring and growing technical talent inside the team
- Creating a self-sufficient team, capable of addressing any technical challenge
- Implementing & delivering new initiatives, together with the team
You need to have:
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- 7+ years experience working in Java in real-world projects
- Microservices and theoretical containerization knowledge
- Experience with project planning (MVPs, phases)
- Strong communication, leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Architecture good practices
- Capacity to juggle many different types of tasks with graceful prioritization
- Pro-active, detail oriented, creative and team-player attitude
- Ability to work with targets and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Pre-paid parking ticket at Palas/Moldova Center
- Monthly bus pass (new starting 2018)
- Monthly digital meal tickets
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days of holiday and summer schedule
- Therapeutic massage (new starting 2018)
- Sports package (new starting 2018)
- Eye glasses vouchers (new starting 2018)
- Fruits, coffee, tea, sweets, popcorn machine and many others
- Standup Desk in a very modern office and access to the best logistics
- Professional career growth by providing access to trainings and conferences
This position is full-time for our office in Iasi, Romania.
Mambu has over 180 live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 45 countries globally, and we’re just getting started.
Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
We understand nothing ensures our customers‘ success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.