Mambu is the SaaS banking engine powering innovative loan and deposit products, the lean alternative to cumbersome core banking systems. Helping clients to successfully start up business ventures, transform existing operations, launch new products and expand into new markets. Mambu provides financial institutions of all sizes with the agility to rapidly design, launch, service and scale their banking and lending portfolio.
We believe that a great company is built on great people. We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help make financial services ready for the 21st century. Our clients understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner in their endeavours.
To continue our success story we are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Product Manager to lead our product vision, strategy and execution and be part of our rapidly growing team here in Berlin.
As a Mambu Product Manager you’ll be responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning, and driving the execution of the vision for the existing and future product lines.
The Product Manager must possess business acumen, as well as an engineering background, in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring products to market. You’ll work extensively with customers and cross functionally with Account Managers, Engineers, Sales, Delivery/Implementation, Support and Marketing people in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers want and need and that align with the company vision.
You’ll get to work with every type of FinTech company across the world, from large banks to small startups while applying your banking and FinTech knowledge to help our customers launch the next generation of financial services.
What you’ll be working on:
- “Owning” the product’s experience and feature set and acting as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Scheduling sprints, releases and patches and coordinating closely with our engineering team on both new features as well as architectural improvements
- Gathering, analysing and prioritizing solutions for product related feedback from sales, marketing, development and the market
- Creating and managing product strategies, roadmaps, project plans and product specifications
- Prioritizing and creating detailed product requirements to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as supporting calculations and examples
- Becoming an internal expert on consumer and business lending and banking products in the market: both from our competitors as well as partners
- Working closely with customers and partners while staying on top of the FinTech and banking industry to shape the product roadmap
You need to have:
- Deep experience as a program or product manager successfully shipping SaaS products
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, design, engineering, QA and launch
- Excellent analytical skills and with numbers, excel calculations, a passion for math, algorithms and detailed-oriented analysis
- A consultative mindset of listening, understanding and anticipating customer and partner needs to find simple solutions out of complex use cases
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience in working in finance, banking or accounting or a company which built or sold products or services to this market
- Passion and interest in banking, fintech or financial inclusion
- Already love AHA! for Product Management and Jira for Agile Development as much as we do
- Strong project and time management skills
- Mambu has over 180 live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 45 countries globally, and we’re just getting started.
- Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers‘ success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
If you are thrilled by the opportunity to join our multi-national team on its unique mission – we need to talk and will be excited to hear from you.