Site Reliability Engineer (m/w/d)
Join a team of diverse professionals at the world’s first FinTech bank!
With a name derived from the Latin word for trust, Fidor Group offers innovative digital banking and open API technology products and services. Fidor emerged in Germany as a pioneer Challenger Bank, growing into a global technology company, helping to unlock the competitive power of open banking.
Launched in Germany in 2009 in the midst of the Financial crisis, the German-licensed, digital-only bank has always put its customers at the core of its principles to create the first customer-focused banking experience.
Together with bitcoin.de and Kraken, Fidor Bank became the first crypto-friendly bank and has built-up global expertise and a broad community network over the last few years.
At Fidor, more than 50 nationalities unite to create an outstanding banking experience for our customers – what are you waiting for?
- Participate in all activities related to the release-cycle of the FidorOS, including debugging and deployment with risk and impact analysis
- Build and configure the environment to support FidorOS deployments, including administration of servers for the deployment of frontend/backend and databases
- Improve the FidorOS system reliability and maintain the overall infrastructure to ensure its high availability
- Review system architecture, component design and technical implementation plans with all stakeholders
- Conduct Release Meetings and Release Walkthroughs with Devops, PMs and all other stakeholders
- Provide documentation for release management, deployment and configuration guides
- All tasks and their related activities will be conducted in production and non-production environments
- Run the services assigned to your team with high responsibility
- Be consultant to help others make more reliable software
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience as a Software Engineer or System Engineer in the banking domain
- Deep knowledge in modern IT technologies like virtualization, containers, clustering and load balancing
- Broad and deep experience in working with DevOps tools like Docker, Docker swarm (or similar) and configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- At least one year of experience in creating Puppet/Chef modules, including testing and deployment
- Expertise in Linux and shell programming experience in architecture of highly scalable, high available IT systems and its performance monitoring; git/github for creating and merging baselines, branches and patches and working with communication protocols to support configuration of networks and firewalls (RubyOnRails is a plus)
- Knowledge of backup & archival tools and set up of disaster recovery sites, web 2.0 technologies, database integration/persistence layer in Rails (ideally MySQL) and agile methodologies like Scrum and/or Extreme Programming
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Solutions AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.