Head of IT Department (f/m/d)
Fidor Bank (Fidor) is a pioneering German Digital Bank based in Munich and Berlin. It was established in 2010 with a focus on providing innovative technologically enabled banking services. The bank’s current sole shareholder, Groupe BPCE of France, has agreed the sale of Fidor to Ripplewood Holdings LLC (Ripplewood). Ripplewood is a leading financial sector specialist investor, based in the USA with a 25-year track record of successful investments across the globe. This transaction is expected to close during 2021..
Fidor’s current business is focussed on providing a fully digital banking experience to retail and SME customers in Germany. In addition, the bank has a strong market position in providing payment and transaction services to leading payment services providers and digital asset market participants.
With the guidance and support of Ripplewood, Fidor is launching a new strategic plan which aims to reposition the bank as a leading partner for digital asset market participants and Fintech firms across Europe. The key product capabilities of the bank would encompass the entire spectrum of banking services including payments, lending, and savings to both individuals and SME customers.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Build and maintain an IT Master plan
- Supervise and steer external IT outsourcing as considered as a key success factor due to the extensive level of outsourcing
- Steer and manage the IT Project portfolio in order to meet the expected achievement and to steer the warning management
- Build and steer operational processes (continuous improvement)
- Build a risk cartography and report in a regular frequency on the mitigation plan
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance management
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technology agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and investment budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to meet internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create corresponding plans
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Previous working experience in a senior IT management position for (8) year(s)
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- Experience in the Financial Service industry, preferred in the retail banking sector
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to details.
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Bank AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.