Risk Manager with focus ICAAP/ILAAP (m/f/d)
Fidor Bank (Fidor) is a pioneering German Digital Bank based in Munich and Berlin. It was established in 2010 with a focus on providing innovative technologically enabled banking services. The bank’s current sole shareholder, Groupe BPCE of France, has agreed the sale of Fidor to Ripplewood Holdings LLC (Ripplewood). Ripplewood is a leading financial sector specialist investor, based in the USA with a 25-year track record of successful investments across the globe. This transaction is expected to close during 2021..
Fidor’s current business is focussed on providing a fully digital banking experience to retail and SME customers in Germany. In addition, the bank has a strong market position in providing payment and transaction services to leading payment services providers and digital asset market participants.
With the guidance and support of Ripplewood, Fidor is launching a new strategic plan which aims to reposition the bank as a leading partner for digital asset market participants and Fintech firms across Europe. The key product capabilities of the bank would encompass the entire spectrum of banking services including payments, lending, and savings to both individuals and SME customers.
Fidor’s Risk Control department plays a crucial role in Fidor’s risk management process. We are looking for an experienced Risk Manager to steer and control the ICAAP/ILAAP activities and recovery planning process to join our department in Munich and support the Management Board in their risk management responsibilities. Let us know about you if you are interested in the following:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the ICAAP and ILAAP framework as well as the recovery planning in line with German regulatory requirements
- Deriving, coordinating and monitoring portfolio level limits in line with the Bank’s risk appetite
- Coordinating and governing stress testing activities
- Developing, updating and reviewing relevant models, methods, procedures and policies
- Monitoring and controlling the Capital and Liquidity development via control of the reporting process, examination and analysis of reporting data, assessment of current and potential future risks
- Extending the reporting infrastructure and hands-on automated reporting processes; liaise with cross-department stakeholders (e.g. ALM and IT) to expand existing data infrastructure
- Being responsible for the ICAAP and ILAAP in the monthly and quarterly risk reporting processes
- Contributing to the annual holistic risk inventory
- Working closely with Senior Management and specialist departments on topics in relation to the ICAAP, ILAAP and recovery planning processes and propose steering measures
- A degree in Finance, Physics, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or equivalent qualification
- Profound practical experience in the field of risk management in banking & finance (8 years+) including but not limited to the ICAAP and ILAAP concepts, balance sheet management, risk concepts, and risk models
- Experience in the design and implementation of new models and processes
- Profound knowledge of the German regulatory environment including KWG, MaRisk, and CRR
- Good programming skills, preferably in VBA, SQL, R and secure handling of MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills (German & English)
- Resilient, self-managing and well organised with a willingness to assume direct responsibility
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Bank AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.