Market and Liquidity Risk Controller (m/f/d)
Fidor Bank (Fidor) is a pioneering German Digital Bank based in Munich and Berlin. It was established in 2010 with a focus on providing innovative technologically enabled banking services. The bank’s current sole shareholder, Groupe BPCE of France, has agreed the sale of Fidor to Ripplewood Holdings LLC (Ripplewood). Ripplewood is a leading financial sector specialist investor, based in the USA with a 25-year track record of successful investments across the globe. This transaction is expected to close during 2021..
Fidor’s current business is focussed on providing a fully digital banking experience to retail and SME customers in Germany. In addition, the bank has a strong market position in providing payment and transaction services to leading payment services providers and digital asset market participants.
With the guidance and support of Ripplewood, Fidor is launching a new strategic plan which aims to reposition the bank as a leading partner for digital asset market participants and Fintech firms across Europe. The key product capabilities of the bank would encompass the entire spectrum of banking services including payments, lending, and savings to both individuals and SME customers.
Fidor’s Risk Control department plays a crucial role in Fidor’s risk management process. We are looking for an experienced Market and Liquidity Risk Controller to join our department in Munich, and support the Management Board in their risk management responsibilities. Let us know about you if you are interested in the following:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining new reporting and management instruments in the context of Liquidity Risk and Market Risk (interest rate risk in the banking book, basis risk, credit spread risk, investment risk) in accordance with German regulatory requirements (MaRisk, CRR, EBA-papers)
- Developing, updating and reviewing relevant models, methods, procedures and policies and be responsible for backtesting of the models
- Monitoring and controling Market and Liquidity Risk via control of the reporting process, examination and analysis of reporting data, and identification and assessment of current and potential future risks
- Deriving, coordinating and monitoring limit processes and early warning indicators in line with the Bank’s risk appetite
- Supporting the revision of the ICAAP and ILAAP as well as stress testing concepts
- Contributing to the annual holistic risk inventory
- Deriving the loss-free valuation of interest-related transactions in the banking book (IDW BFA 3)
- Extending the reporting infrastructure and hands-on automated reporting processes; liaising with cross-department stakeholders (e.g. ALM and Finance) to extend existing data infrastructure
- Being responsible for Market and Liquidity Risks in the monthly and quarterly risk reporting processes
- Working closely with the Management Board and specialist departments (e. g. ALM / Treasury) on issues relating to the management of Market and Liquidity Risks
- A degree in Finance, Physics, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or equivalent qualification
- Profound practical experience in the field of risk management in banking & finance (5 years+) including but not limited to market and liquidity risk concepts, processes and risk models
- Experience in the design and implementation of new models and processes
- Profound knowledge of the German regulatory environment including KWG, MaRisk, and CRR
- Good programming skills, preferably in VBA, SQL, R and secure handling of MS Office – knowledge in Ziris/Okular (Market risk and liquidity management tool) and market data supply systems are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills (German & English)
- Resilient, self-managing and well organised with a willingness to assume direct responsibility
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Bank AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.