Head of Operations & Technology (f/m/d) / COO | Munich or Berlin
Fidor Bank (Fidor) is a pioneering German Digital Bank based in Munich and Berlin. It was established in 2010 with a focus on providing innovative technologically enabled banking services. The bank’s current sole shareholder, Groupe BPCE of France, has agreed the sale of Fidor to Ripplewood Holdings LLC (Ripplewood). Ripplewood is a leading financial sector specialist investor, based in the USA with a 25-year track record of successful investments across the globe. This transaction is expected to close during 2021..
Fidor’s current business is focussed on providing a fully digital banking experience to retail and SME customers in Germany. In addition, the bank has a strong market position in providing payment and transaction services to leading payment services providers and digital asset market participants.
With the guidance and support of Ripplewood, Fidor is launching a new strategic plan which aims to reposition the bank as a leading partner for digital asset market participants and Fintech firms across Europe. The key product capabilities of the bank would encompass the entire spectrum of banking services including payments, lending, and savings to both individuals and SME customers.
As a Member of the Management Team the Head of Operations & Technology will play a vital role in the leadership of the business with specific responsibilities for developing a flexible and scalable technology platform fit to deliver growth through partnerships with “Fintechs” and technology enabled product capabilities. In the near-term, the turnaround strategy requires significant improvement in efficiency security, and effectiveness of the operating functions of the company. The individual will be required to foster a culture of excellence which will deliver reliable and proven processes. Therefore, the Head of Operations & Technology will manage the design and deployment of highly sophisticated trustworthy operations across the company. They will have primary leadership for:
- Fostering and maintaining best-in-class ‘Champions League’ quality operations through efficient processes, innovation and execution, rigorous control, ensuring compliance and consistent service delivery and robust operations.
- Introducing a performance culture including cost discipline and proper target setting and follow-up.
- Setting-up and monitoring the execution of the turnaround program and all its work streams.
- Evaluating and monitoring of operational performance and efficiency in the company based on appropriate KPIs.
- Developing a strategic road map for operational and technology architecture to deliver the long-term growth aspirations; building consensus with all stakeholders to gain investment approval for this strategy and then implementing the strategy.
They will be expected to have significant interaction with Fidor Management Board and the new shareholder.
The Head of Operations & Technology will show good judgement and will have the ability to deal with the ambiguity prevalent within an evolving, entrepreneurial bank. and will develop and carefully manage all other relevant external stakeholder relations.
Team Management and Leadership – Hold the primary role in appointing and developing professionals and succession planning within the Operations & Technology function. Direct reports are Head of Banking Operations, Head of IT and Head of Office Management.
- Graduate and MBA qualification required.
- Minimum Management experience of 10 years in the Banking Industry with a wide area of different roles in the Operations and Technology area.
- Evidence of excellence across the full remit of a Retail / Online Bank with a comprehensive understanding of the related business models.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to develop the architecture of the future IT Landscape and the corresponding Target Operating Model.
Direct experience of / accountability for Run-the-Bank and Change-the-Bank management
- Proven high levels of commercial acumen with excellent influencing and relationship building skills at senior levels are essential.
- Experience and proven track record in project management, fulfilling regulatory, compliance and IT Security requirements, adept at working with a variety of cultures and environments.
- Experience of working with and successfully marketing to partners in the fintech area desirable.
- Compelling communicator: adept at all forms of communication to a full range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Level-headed, polite: Able to implement significant change with a down-to-earth approach.
- Hands-on: Ability to see the detail, as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Language Skills: Fluent in German and English.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to a market or commercial context and to develop a fully business aligned Operations & Technology.
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Bank AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.