Chief Financial Officer (m/f/d)
Fidor Bank (Fidor) is a pioneering German Digital Bank based in Munich and Berlin. It was established in 2010 with a focus on providing innovative technologically enabled banking services. The bank’s current sole shareholder, Groupe BPCE of France, has agreed the sale of Fidor to Ripplewood Holdings LLC (Ripplewood). Ripplewood is a leading financial sector specialist investor, based in the USA with a 25-year track record of successful investments across the globe. This transaction is expected to close during 2021..
Fidor’s current business is focussed on providing a fully digital banking experience to retail and SME customers in Germany. In addition, the bank has a strong market position in providing payment and transaction services to leading payment services providers and digital asset market participants.
With the guidance and support of Ripplewood, Fidor is launching a new strategic plan which aims to reposition the bank as a leading partner for digital asset market participants and Fintech firms across Europe. The key product capabilities of the bank would encompass the entire spectrum of banking services including payments, lending, and savings to both individuals and SME customers.
The role is a highly commercial CFO remit, requiring an experienced CFO to act as a business partner and sounding board to the CEO and CRO. The CFO will be a key contributor in delivering the bank’s new business strategy. They will have primary leadership for:
- Introducing a performance culture including cost discipline and proper target setting and follow-up
- Setting-up and monitoring the execution of the turnaround program and all its work streams
- Evaluating and monitoring of operational performance and efficiency in the company based on appropriate KPIs
- Developing and managing the company’s financial systems and processes including:
- Planning and accounting
- Successfully running an IFRS migration program
- Building a fully functioning Asset Liability Management capability
- Establishing growth and continual improvement agendas across the business
- Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the company
They will be expected to have significant interaction with Fidor Management Board, and the Supervisory Board under the new shareholder.
The CFO will show good judgement and will have the ability to deal with the ambiguity prevalent within an evolving, entrepreneurial bank. The CFO will be responsible for delivering an aspirational / world-class finance function that provides relevant and timely results to the CEO, Board and investors as required. The CFO will develop and carefully manage all other relevant external stakeholder relations.
Team Management and Leadership
- Hold the primary role in appointing and developing finance professionals and succession planning within the finance function
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate and MBA / business qualification preferred / mandatory if not a qualified Accountant
- CFO experience as the lead Finance Officer of a standalone / fully autonomous business, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Evidence of excellence across the full remit of a CFO role with a comprehensive understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Direct experience of / accountability for: cash management; tax and treasury
- Proven high levels of commercial acumen with excellent influencing and relationship building skills at senior levels are essential
- Experience as an ‘International Finance leader’, adept at working with a variety of cultures and environments
- Direct experience of capital markets desirable
- Experience of working with and successfully marketing to investors desirable
- Compelling communicator: adept at all forms of communication to a full range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive
- Level-headed, polite: Able to implement significant change with a down-to-earth approach.
- Hands-on: Ability to see the detail, as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives
- Language Skills: Fluent in German and English
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to a market or commercial context and identify the profit maximizing strategy
- Exciting tasks in an innovative fintech company
- High influence on the organization of own work processes
- Outstanding development opportunities for personal further education
- Above-average, performance-adjusted compensation and targeted bonuses
- Modern app for lunch refund of up to 97,50 EUR per month
- FlexTime system for flexible working hours and independent scheduling
- Independent mobile work for more flexibility
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Fidor Team Spirit – employee events, goal-oriented success strategies, shared visions and plans
- Transportation allowance for permanent employees
- Table soccer, fresh fruit, coffee and more
- Office located near the city center
If you think you are up to the challenge, we look forward to receiving your online application with your complete documents and your salary requirement.
Über Fidor Bank AG
Die FIDOR Bank AG ist eine in Deutschland lizensierte internet-basierte Direktbank sowie eine B2B-Bank für innovative Banking und Community Software-Lösungen. Privat- wie Geschäftskunden nutzen das Fidor Smart Girokonto mit seinen klassischen und innovativen Finanz-Apps als Erstbank-Verbindung. B2B-Partner der Bank profitieren über die Banking Middleware Fidor OS von neuartigen Funktionalitäten sowie eine Community Lösung für eine digital affine weltweite Zielgruppe. Die Refinanzierung von B2C und B2B Forderungen für Fintech Firmen und SME Factoring sind ein weiterer Schwerpunkt.
Die international mehrfach ausgezeichnete FIDOR Bank AG bietet ihre Angebote derzeit in Deutschland und UK an und baut ihr internationales Angebot weiter konsequent aus. Unter dem Motto „Mach diese Bank zu Deiner Bank“ bietet die Fidor Bank über eine Reihe von APIs einen einfachen und automatisierten Zugriff auf das Konto. Vor allen Dingen Geschäftskunden erkennen die Vorzüge dieser Vorgehensweise.