VP Business Development & Sales for the Polish and Czech Republic Markets (m/f)
CrossLend GmbH is a cutting-edge Fintech company: We are reshaping the European lending economy by connecting the loan origination of banks to institutional money. CrossLend purchases single loan receivables in different asset classes from banks, securitizes them one-by-one and places the resulting bonds to institutional investors. This way, CrossLend offers a flexible and efficient balance sheet relief mechanism for capital constrained banks and helps to actively manage the banks‘ loan books. Banks can increase their operational efficiency and reduce their costs of capital and customer acquisition costs with CrossLend.
CrossLend’s vision is to establish the first European Debt Exchange. CrossLend is backed by a reputable array of equity investors from Europe and the U.S. such as Lakestar, CME Ventures and the Luxembourg Future Fund with a wide range of experience and extensive networks.
Your role & responsibilities
- You direct the development of strategic and operational plans for the Polish and Czech Republic markets and assist with their proper execution
- You investigate market conditions, relevant industry trends and main market players
- You work closely with our Founder and report to our COO to develop a strategy and execution plan to establish CrossLend’s B2B products and services to the finance industry like banks, insurance companies and pension funds with a structured finance focus in Europe
- You source portfolios and forward flows from institutions such as banks, marketplace lenders or other loan originators for placing them for distribution on our platform
- You are responsible for the acquisition of institutional investors
- You generate or follow up on leads and build an active network and strong relationships with potential business partners
- You negotiate customised contracts and successfully close them with the support of our legal, operational and product team
Our ideal match
- You bring at least 5 to 10 years of relevant business development or sales experience, ideally in banking & finance organisations. You have been working on structured finance transactions, in a credit portfolio manager role or in the treasury department of a bank or similar, ideally in a sales role
- You are fluent in Polish and Czech and have an excellent command of the English language. Other Slavic language skills are also very welcome
- You have a clear understanding of the financial landscape in Poland and Czech Republic and are familiar with the industry players
- You have previously successfully lead a complete sales process/value chain in a comparable business environment
- You are familiar with fixed income products and capital markets, you know securitisation and you are comfortable with the financial jargon
- You are passionate about the recent developments in the B2B FinTech space and enthusiastic about advising key players in the financial industry on innovation
- You bring an extensive network and good reputation within the financial services industry in Europe, especially in Poland and the Czech Republic with excellent negotiation skills & the ability to build strategic partnerships
- You work with a result-oriented mindset and feel motivated by complex challenges
- You recognize the use of a CRM software as a tool to improve your performance rather than an unnecessary obligation
- You are a team player with previous experience in building and leading performance-oriented teams
What we offer
- A work environment with more than 40 committed colleagues from all over the world
- CrossLend offices are located in one of the most vibrant and exciting capitals in Europe
- Concrete learning and development opportunities and the chance to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role
- Flexible working hours and a family friendly environment
- A competitive compensation package including virtual shares
Would you like to join our team? We are looking forward to receiving your application! The position is available immediately.
Should you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Über CrossLend GmbH
At CrossLend, we’re proud to be trailblazers in the bold new world of digital credit mediation and financing, with our pioneering cross-border marketplace lending platform.
It’s our vision to resolve the supply and demand dilemma of traditional lending in the European market by connecting borrowers from high-interest rate countries with investors from low-interest rate countries, through our unique cross-border marketplace lending platform. We’re bridging Europe’s credit divide to create fresh opportunities for people on both sides of the coin.