Senior Legal Counsel (m/f)
CrossLend GmbH is a cutting-edge Fintech company: We are reshaping the European lending economy by connecting the loan origination of banks to institutional money. CrossLend purchases single loan receivables in different asset classes from banks, securitizes them one-by-one and places the resulting bonds to institutional investors. This way, CrossLend offers a flexible and efficient balance sheet relief mechanism for capital constrained banks and helps to actively manage the banks‘ loan books. Banks can increase their operational efficiency and reduce their costs of capital and customer acquisition costs with CrossLend.
CrossLend’s vision is to establish the first European Debt Exchange. CrossLend is backed by a reputable array of equity investors from Europe and the U.S. such as Lakestar, CME Ventures and the Luxembourg Future Fund with a wide range of experience and extensive networks.
About your role
The legal department of CrossLend provides legal support to all departments and manages in the breadth of legal matters for our business areas. In order to strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel. Your role is to manage legal risk appropriately for the task in hand, advising all departments on the full range of commercial legal support and cross-border transaction and project management in all legal matters.
- Dealing with various legal issues in the field of capital markets law with a focus on securitization law, financial regulation and supervisory law, derivatives law, corporate law, data protection law, as well as general civil and contractual law
- Examination of various questions, negotiation and drafting of contracts in the legal areas above
- Support in the further development of the B2B´s business model as well as support of important current and future cooperation arrangements of CrossLend
- Providing legal advice and support for CrossLend GmbH’s business areas in day-to-day business and preparation of legal opinions
- Setting up CrossLend´s new B2B private placement platform
- Coordination of external counsel and professional advisers
- Supervision and case management of litigation and dispute resolution
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience with a recognized law firm or equivalent in-house experience obtained in an equivalent financial services firm and have a proven affinity for the FinTech industry and innovative investment solutions and financial products
- You are a full qualified lawyer and have completed both state examinations with above-average results
- You have a profound knowledge of banking and banking supervision, capital markets law, corporate law and contract design
- You are in a position to find solutions for complex tasks and processes and to express pragmatic recommendations for action
- You are practice-oriented and use your communication skills to convince conversation partners in a personal conversation with practice-oriented solutions
- You are fully fluent, both written and verbal in English and the ability to speak and draft in German and other European languages would be an advantage
What we offer
- A work environment with more than 40 committed colleagues from all over the world
- CrossLend offices are located in one of the most vibrant and exciting capitals
- Very relaxed working culture with flexible working hours
- As a way to unwind from work, we have weekly meditation classes and access to a fitness ´´bootcamp´´around Tiergarten during the working day
- Regular update meetings on the company´s achievements & challenges
- Soft drinks and coffee on disposal at all times and of course regular Friday drinks with the entire firm
Über CrossLend GmbH
At CrossLend, we’re proud to be trailblazers in the bold new world of digital credit mediation and financing, with our pioneering cross-border marketplace lending platform.
It’s our vision to resolve the supply and demand dilemma of traditional lending in the European market by connecting borrowers from high-interest rate countries with investors from low-interest rate countries, through our unique cross-border marketplace lending platform. We’re bridging Europe’s credit divide to create fresh opportunities for people on both sides of the coin.