Legal Counsel (m / f)
CrossLend is a B2B FinTech company with a mission to make the European debt ecosystem more efficient, transparent and profitable. We provide securitisation as a service, transforming loans into notes on a portfolio or 1 loan:1 note basis. Our innovative securitisation setup allows investors to build diversified portfolios of loans (via notes) at a pan-European level, while enjoying greater risk transparency. On the other hand, loan originators profit from flexible opportunities to scale their lending business – opening up much-needed financing avenues to small and medium-sized businesses across Europe. A win-win-win situation for all. Backed by an array of prestigious equity investors from Europe and the U.S., CrossLend plans to establish an international exchange where various forms of debt can be bought and sold.
Your role and responsibilities
- Dealing with various legal issues in the field of capital markets with a focus on securitization law, financial and supervisory law, derivative law, corporate law, data protection law, as well as general civil and contractual law
- Examination of various questions, negotiation and drafting of contracts in the legal areas above
- Support in the further development of the B2B business model as well as support of important current and future cooperation arrangements of CrossLend
- Providing legal advice and support for CrossLend GmbH’s business areas in day-to-day business and preparation of legal opinions
- Coordination of external counsel and professional advisers
- Supervision and case management of litigation and dispute resolution
Our ideal match
- At least 2 years‘ professional experience with a recognised law firm or equivalent in-house experience, obtained in an equivalent financial services firm
- Interest for the FinTech industry, innovative investment solutions and financial products
- Fully qualified lawyer and have completed both state examinations (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of banking and banking supervision, capital markets law, corporate law and contract design
- Ability to find solutions to complex tasks and processes and make pragmatic recommendations for action
- Practice-oriented and well-versed in using your communication skills to convince conversation partners with practice-oriented solutions
- Full fluency in both written and spoken English. German is a plus.
What we offer
- A friendly, open-minded work environment with more than 40 committed colleagues from all over the world
- A modern and well-equipped office right in the heart of Berlin
- Concrete learning and development opportunities and the chance to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role
- Family-friendly enviroment
- Monthly office breakfasts
Über CrossLend GmbH
At CrossLend, we’re proud to be trailblazers in the bold new world of digital credit mediation and financing, with our pioneering cross-border marketplace lending platform.
It’s our vision to resolve the supply and demand dilemma of traditional lending in the European market by connecting borrowers from high-interest rate countries with investors from low-interest rate countries, through our unique cross-border marketplace lending platform. We’re bridging Europe’s credit divide to create fresh opportunities for people on both sides of the coin.