Head of Product (m/f)
CrossLend GmbH is a cutting-edge Fintech company: We are reshaping the European lending economy by connecting the loan origination of banks to institutional money. CrossLend purchases single loan receivables in different asset classes from banks, securitizes them one-by-one and places the resulting bonds to institutional investors. This way, CrossLend offers a flexible and efficient balance sheet relief mechanism for capital constrained banks and helps to actively manage the banks‘ loan books. Banks can increase their operational efficiency and reduce their costs of capital and customer acquisition costs with CrossLend.
CrossLend’s vision is to establish the first European Debt Exchange. CrossLend is backed by a reputable array of equity investors from Europe and the U.S. such as Lakestar, CME Ventures and the Luxembourg Future Fund with a wide range of experience and extensive networks.
About your role:
As a Head of Product you will be responsible for ensuring smooth development of our product, shaping the environment for effective functioning of for providing leadership Product Development and Creative Teams, resulting in and providing overall direction to the Engineering Development Team aligned with business needs. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and support of all products and supporting tools. This includes web applications, data collection/communication systems, payment systems. This also includes strategic direction, budgets, reporting, staffing, performance management, development plans, recruiting, mentoring, coaching, terminations, and other human resources related activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching the Product Team and ensuring that we deliver the best solutions to our customers and business partners
- Developing the product vision, strategy and roadmap with the product team
- Leading the Product and Creative teams through all phases of the product life cycle
- Ensuring open communication in the organisation
- Bringing knowledge of relevant markets, products and trends into the company
- Working closely with all relevant stakeholders regarding expectations, priorities and capacity
- Analysing and prioritising all support issues and service requests based on the product vision and goals
- Hiring outstanding people, planning for resources and coaching individual team members for career development
- Developing appropriate performance objectives and conducting regular performance reviews
- Main contact person between management and Product team
- 5+ years as Product Manager and at least one year of experience as software developer or similar position (hands-on software development experience is a must)
- Passion for FinTech concepts: at least 2 years working experience with a financial product is mandatory (loans, factoring, payment providers, securitisation, debt collection, investments)
- Experience in multi-national platforms (adapting product for different languages, compliance with variable legal requirements)
- Proven experience in creating, captivating customer experiences
- At ease understanding and communicating technical IT and Fintech concepts
- Ability to interact with, present to, and gather feedback from stakeholders of varying backgrounds, including engineering, marketing and executives
- You are a people person. We value a motivating working atmosphere and we like to enjoy working with each other, both on professional and social level
- Work in a team with more than 40 people driven by passion from all over the world
- Have a direct impact within our organisation each day
- Encouragement of personal and professional development inside the company
- Regular update meetings on the company’s achievements & challenges
- Passionate kicker matches with our team
- The panoramic view over Tiergarten
- Fresh fruit every day, soft drinks and coffee at your disposal at all times
- Friday Drinks every week and a big get together with food and beer each month
Über CrossLend GmbH
At CrossLend, we’re proud to be trailblazers in the bold new world of digital credit mediation and financing, with our pioneering cross-border marketplace lending platform.
It’s our vision to resolve the supply and demand dilemma of traditional lending in the European market by connecting borrowers from high-interest rate countries with investors from low-interest rate countries, through our unique cross-border marketplace lending platform. We’re bridging Europe’s credit divide to create fresh opportunities for people on both sides of the coin.