Business Finance Analyst (m/f)
CrossLend GmbH is a cutting-edge Fintech company: We are reshaping the European lending economy by connecting the loan origination of banks to institutional money. CrossLend purchases single loan receivables in different asset classes from banks, securitizes them one-by-one and places the resulting bonds to institutional investors. This way, CrossLend offers a flexible and efficient balance sheet relief mechanism for capital constrained banks and helps to actively manage the banks‘ loan books. Banks can increase their operational efficiency and reduce their costs of capital and customer acquisition costs with CrossLend.
CrossLend’s vision is to establish the first European Debt Exchange. CrossLend is backed by a reputable array of equity investors from Europe and the U.S. such as Lakestar, CME Ventures and the Luxembourg Future Fund with a wide range of experience and extensive networks.
About your role
We are looking for a Business Finance Analyst (m/f) to join our FinTech in Berlin. You will be providing financial advice to management through strategic financial planning. You will also be in charge of cash management and controlling as well as provide accounting and administrative support. The right profile will have a hands-on analytical role, performing analytical tasks for the purpose of developing, analysing and distributing reports to clients (financial institutions, P2P platforms and institutional investors), to management as well as other departments.
- As a Business Finance Analyst for CrossLend, you will be responsible for developing and updating CrossLend´s business plan
- Support the CEO in the fundraising process with ad-hoc reports and presentations
- You will also support the business development and sales team in the decision making with the creation of several financial models for different business partnerships highlighting costs, revenue and projected cash flows
- You will lead production, reconciliation and delivery of institutional reporting
- Coordinate with the business development and sales team in our due diligence process from potential investors interested in both debt equity and investments
- You will administer cash management and controlling through monitoring, managing and forecasting the company cash flows
- Create and maintain the company and department budgets
- Monitor and report expenses level against budgets
- You will perform cost centre analysis and report to the heads of departments
- Administrative support and accounting tasks will include liaising with CrossLend GmbH external accountant and tax advisor
- Additionally, you will maintain close communication with the external accountant of CrossLend Securities S.A., the Luxembourg based subsidiary of CrossLend GmbH for the preparation of the quarterly and yearly closing and coordinating the annual audit
- You hold a BSc in Finance, Economics or Accounting and ideally you have a MSc in one of those subjects
- You have previous experience in financial services (banking, consulting or asset management)
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience with a strong focus on strategic financial planning
- You have first hand experience or at least a proven understanding of loans and bonds financial products
- You possess strong communication skills to justify financial transactions and strong analytical skills when it comes to advising management in making decisions
- You are in a position to find solutions for complex tasks and processes and to express pragmatic recommendations for action
- You are an Excel Wizard and are keen to develop data mining and basic programming skills such as SQL, Python and Tableau
- You are fully fluent, both written and verbal in English and at least C1 level of German
- This is an immediate job opening
- A work environment with more than 40 committed colleagues from all over the world
- CrossLend offices are located in one of the most vibrant and exciting capitals in Europe
- Flexible working hours and a family friendly environment
- Concrete learning and development opportunities through regular workshops
- As a way to unwind from work, we have weekly meditation classes and access to a fitness ´bootcamp´ around the Tiergarten
- Regular update meetings on the company’s achievements, challenges & future forecast
Über CrossLend GmbH
At CrossLend, we’re proud to be trailblazers in the bold new world of digital credit mediation and financing, with our pioneering cross-border marketplace lending platform.
It’s our vision to resolve the supply and demand dilemma of traditional lending in the European market by connecting borrowers from high-interest rate countries with investors from low-interest rate countries, through our unique cross-border marketplace lending platform. We’re bridging Europe’s credit divide to create fresh opportunities for people on both sides of the coin.